October 1st, 2019
To all our past, present and future clients:
October is Cybersecurity Awareness month. This is when cybersecurity industry practitioners take time to raise awareness of:
- the meaning of cybersecurity,
- ways you can protect yourself and your organization, and
- the need for all of us to play our respective roles to assure a safe, secure and trusted cyberspace.
A few things of note:
- Cybersecurity is a risk management issue and should be included in the agenda of the highest decision-making structures of organizations. Boards and senior management need to be on top of cybersecurity issues as part of their risk management strategy and plans.
- People are the weakest link in the cybersecurity value chain. It is essential to have continuous education and awareness programmes for employees, business partners and customers.
- There is nothing like being 100% secure. The approximation to this is when your systems are shut down and locked away in some bomb-resistant bunkers.
- If you are in business, remember Murphy’s Law: anything that can go wrong will go wrong; expect that things will go wrong; prepare for the worst in case they do.
- When incidents happen, respond quickly to reduce the impact, restore systems and learn from the experience. Incidents offer perfect ‘teaching/learning moments’. They are perfect times to reassess your cybersecurity programme to understand the causes of failure, any other weaknesses that may exist and fix them.
- Make sure to learn from the experiences of others to avoid paying the same price they may have paid.
And when you need help, we are only a phone call, a WhatsApp message or email away from you. We are here for you!!
Yours very faithfully,
Agano Consulting Team