4-day Training on Monitoring & Evaluation
Results-based monitoring and evaluation (M&E) is a powerful management tool that can be used to help policy and decision-makers track progress and demonstrate the impact of a given project, programme, or policy. Monitoring and evaluation (M&E) is an essential component of any intervention, project, or programme that provides assurance regarding expected outcomes. Unlike traditional implementation-focused M&E, results-based M&E moves beyond an emphasis on inputs and outputs to a greater focus on outcomes and impacts.
This course discusses the main components of a typical M&E system. The course aims at providing trainees with a clear overall picture of what M&E is about; including appreciating key concepts and practices needed to tackle advanced topics.
- Understand what M&E entails and related terminologies;
- Identify the key purposes and scope of M&E;
- Explain key M&E processes;
- Differentiate between monitoring functions and evaluation functions;
- Describe the functions of an M&E plan;
- Discuss how information can be used for decision-making and how to analyze the information;
- Undertake M&E reporting and communication and demonstrate the capacity to write reports;
- Communicate and present on M&E related aspects
Download the full course outline:
Download, complete, scan, and email this enrollment form to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.